Tuesday, June 10, 2008

peony

It's been raining alot the last few days which has been rough on our 4-5 peony blooms. They were lovely though.

I have been reading a book by Henri Nouwen called With Open Hands. Here's a quote I really liked:

"When God asked Adam, 'Where are you?' Adam answered, 'I was hiding' (Gen 3:9-10). He confessed his true condition. This confession opened him to God. When we pray, we come out of our shelters not only seeing our own nakedness but also to see that there is no enemy to hide from, only a friend who likes nothing better than to clothe us with a new coat."

Grace and Peace,
Jane

5 comments:

Kristine Lynn said...

Everything about this post is..... PERFECT!!

The picture should be published.

The quote should be written out and magneted (this is not a word) on our refrigerators.

BookwormRN said...

I caught a couple pictures of my peonys bafore the rain hit, and had just posted them befor I read this. Great to see your peony, and read your thoughts. Crol

Anonymous said...

i just planted my first peony last week, and it's starting to peek up through the ground this week. i don't think i'll get blooms until next year though.

i love henri nouwen's writings. excellent quote!

Anonymous said...

coincidentally, i have also had a quote about prayer replaying in my mind for the last few days, so i posted mine as well.

wonderer2 said...

I have a peony by my sink that Phil picked for me and it's exquisite- like the one in your picture. How I want to see God as for me and not against me... I will pray that we will come out of hiding and be loved by God Himself.q