Wednesday, June 11, 2008

siberian iris

Because it's Father's day on Sunday, I've been thinking about my Dad this week. This is my second fatherless Father's day. It's still strange to remember that he's gone. When I see the greeting cards, there's a second when I think about finding one for him. But then I remember and keep going. There are often times I think of something I want to ask him . -- I'm sure he would help me paint a room, or we could fix the tile on our front steps, or what do you think about Obama or McCain.

Maybe I'll go find a card anyway or in honor of him I'll figure out and fix the front tiles while listening to George Straight....after I eat a Steenstra's bearclaw donut. He would love that.

Grace and Peace,
Jane

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think i'll phone my dad today. thanks for reminding me to appreciate what i still have.

Kristine Lynn said...

Very sweet, Jane.

Thanks for sharing your heart with us.

Rover said...

maybe this will allow you to experience Christ as more of a father figure since your's is gone.