Friday, May 9, 2008

solomon seal

I'm in two bookclubs - the Boomerangs and the Cover to Cover Girls. For the Cover to Cover girls we read Back When We Were Grownups by Anne Tyler. This has been one of my favorite books for the last few years. It starts out - "Once upon a time, there was a woman who discovered she had turned into the wrong person." The book is about a 53 year old widow who through the book is on a journey to discover her life has turned out just the way it was supposed to. The characters are quirky and funny and it's also touching and tender.

The book resonates with me and reminds me of God's sanctifying work in my life. He brings me to the place where He wants me. He changes me and stretches me and loves me through people I wouldn't have expected.

Grace and Peace,
Jane

2 comments:

Kristine Lynn said...

I think this is a new blog record for you...ever day this week!

Keep up the good work! (said in my school teacher voice):)

Janine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.