At church this morning, we sang some old hymns. Sometimes I like to see if I can get through the song and not look at the words. When I was a little girl, I would sit at my piano and memorize verses in my small personal blue Psalter hymnal. One of the songs we sang this morning was It Is Well with My Soul. I can remember it was page 443 in the blue psalter and Mr. Neinhuis could really belt it out on the chorus.
When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
when sorrows like sea billows roll;
whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,
"It is well, it is well with my soul."
Grace and Peace,
Jane
2 comments:
I loved the entire church services today and I do the exact same thing with songs...try to see how far I can get with my memory!
I can't believe you have your first harvest!
yummy looking radishes! i loved the hymns today too. when i think of how much those songs have meant to me, i wish i had made my kids learn them more.
Post a Comment