Wednesday, September 17, 2008

garden sign

My family is wondering why I keep buying pieces of wood with words on them and hanging them on the walls. I call it "word art". Some of my inspirational quotes are:

-"peace"
-"joy"
-"Always kiss me goodnight"
-"In everything, give thanks"
-"Family faces are magic mirrors
looking at people who belong to us,
we see the past, present, and future - Gail Buckley"
-"Repent"

I like them because they are positive thoughts to encourage me as I go about my day. Maybe it's kinda cheesy, but I just say to myself as I look on my wall, "live, love, laugh"!!!!

Grace and Peace,
Jane

4 comments:

Kristine Lynn said...

Your repent sign is my fav I think because it is so huge! and because in my readings today I read a quote from Augustine, "Confession shuts the mouth of hell and opens the gates of paradise," I shall repent 'largely' in my life like your sign calls me to do!

jamie wilbraham said...

but didn't you put that sign in the basement???

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!!! What a great picture too! I have a "live, love, laugh" too (doesn't everybody...maybe not Brooks) and a "Thank you for not smoking"sign...which gets totally ignored on cigar-friday. love you! oh...and "I will always love you" How can you not like that!?:)

Leslie said...

I like word art, too, so don't feel bad. I don't have any—granted—but, I like it. :o) I love the picture, too. Very cool!