Friday, October 10, 2008

hydrangea leaf

Some of the lyrics of the song "Pink Light" on Laura Veirs cd Saltbreakers have been going through my head. Jamie gave this cd to Mike and I love love it. These words are just true and have gotten me thinking about why people (and I) can be unkind and the results of hurtful words and actions.

Sorry I was cruel
I was protecting myself
drifting along with my swords out flying
tattering my own sails
and I tattered yours, too
took you and wrapped you around me like a spell
o, how now the cold seeps in, o!
o, how now I cast you into the wind.


Grace and Peace,
Jane

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I LOVE this one! How beautiful!! The lyrics are pretty cool, too.

Kristine Lynn said...

Very deep! and oh so true as well.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! What a word picture!

sara said...

Hi Jane...enjoyed checking up on you this evening and reading your most recent posts. I learned a new word...autumnal. Funny, I've never heard it before. You sure you Michiganites didn't make that one up? hehehe