Monday, October 6, 2008

cold aster

Yesterday, when I got home from church, I turned the heat on. I know that there's a part of me that feels more righteous the longer I wait to turn on that furnace. But it was 57 degrees in the house and I was cold! I don't know if I hesitate because it feels like I am giving in to fall and eventually winter or that the tough dutch part of me wants to be frugal and hearty. Anyway, our Sunday was warm and happy and somehow it was freeing for me.
Grace and Peace,
Jane

2 comments:

Kristine Lynn said...

Is this post a little 'pun' on the flowers name?? Very clever!

BookwormRN said...

Love the asters, Nola N. has sme beautifull deep purple ones. I often notice them when I drive by her house.
I also, turned the heat on this weekend.