Tuesday, July 15, 2008

zinnia

This is one of the zinnias that greet us
at the front of our garden plot.
Below is one of Jamie's broccoli. Somehow the garden is greener
on the other side of the sweet peas.

"He will cover you with His feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." Ps. 91:4
Grace and Peace,
Jane

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the tiny stars in the middle of that gorgeous pink zinnia are so pretty! were you surprised that the part of the broccoli that we usually eat is so small compared to the whole leafy plant? as an avid bird watcher, i love the images in psalm 91:4.

jamie wilbraham said...

soon your broccoli leaves will cover your hay, don't you worry. and then, the broccoli will just keep coming. and coming. and coming.

wonderer2 said...

I started with the Wilbraham family picture-gorgeous- and moved all the way through the hydrangeas, pole beans, cheery yellows, up to this beautiful broccoli. I missed a lot of flowers while tent camping throughout Colorado and I've missed you Jane. Your "green" pictures and thoughtful insights make me love you and miss you more.(I want to be the kind of mom that you paid tribute to someday.)Hope I can see you soon in the slow summer pace-Love you-

Kristine Lynn said...

Broccoli leaves/hay??? This is garden language!...and it makes me wonder?? Cuz, I thought hay was for horses and leaves were for trees??