Friday, January 23, 2009

another succulent

"Though He brings grief,
He will show compassion,
so great is His unfailing love."
Lamentations 3:24

Today is the 2nd anniversary of my Dad's death. He's been on my mind this week especially because I have been painting the spare bedroom. My Dad and I were painting partners. Any time I had a project he would come over with donuts and patience to help me.

This is the first painting project I've tackled since he died. It's been a time of remembrance. I have felt like he is remembering me and I am remembering him. It's been good.

Grace and Peace,
Jane

5 comments:

jamie wilbraham said...

someone brought donuts to work today and it feels appropriate.

in fact, i had two. just like grandpa jack would have done.

Kristine Lynn said...

I love this post and I love you.

sara said...

I like that...donuts and patience. An appropriate little pair.

BookwormRN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BookwormRN said...

May He show you continued compassion.